Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

The Eldoramic Dream


I dreamt of days of flowers
Flowers at their bloom in spring
Waters flowing down from rocks
Filling the atmosphere with serenity

I dreamt of night with stars
Stars so bright the Sun pales
Silence a mirage none to see
Boisterous activities like that of a market

While awake I dreamt of sleeping
Enjoying the beauty of the stars amidst the blazing sun
The thought of the future in the present
Feels so strange my eyes bulge
Out of their compartments into my hot hands

I dreamt of a foreseeable future
A practical bliss of Eldorado
The joy of every society; the
Nemesis of every corruption
I dreamt of seasons of abundance
The affluence of shared wealth
I saw the decay of corruption; the
Eventual death of bribery
The colossal fall of the caucus

I dreamt of the bottom-up governance
I revel in my wide-eye slumber
I beheld the rise of the people
I saw the revolt of the masses
I saw all rising against a few; many
Voicing against little… the revolt
I saw the demise of class stratification
I dreamt of the osmotic separation of the trichotomies
Religion;
Ethnicity;
Politics…
All on different paths
None to interfere in one
Made sacred in its own right

I saw giant edifices of hope
Men of great means rising for the poor
I saw a country utilizing the blessings of the earth
I saw country rising out of the ashes of death
The death of a phoenix, the beauty of existence
I saw a country where God is for all;
And all man for is neighbor.
I saw love shared abroad
Deep into the corridors of power
Into the crack of walls; into
The holes of the built façade
I saw kings leaving thrones
I saw magnates exiting mansions
I saw wealth changing hands
All to the satisfaction of all

It was the age of freedom; freedom
From the strongholds of ignorance
Freedom from the grip of neocolonialists
Freedom from under the thighs of the fortune-changers
I reveled in the vision of hope
Ecstatic of bright future years
I jumped up in abandoned jubilation
Only to hit me head against the brick of today;
The present
………..
Yet I clung to the hope
Tiny though the ray was
I tenaciously held on to our salvation
For the day of its fruition I can hopefully see
I dreamt of it,

Achievement is a matter of time…

No comments:

Post a Comment