Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

THE BATTLE OF WORDS

One day, the Sun said to me,
“Shield thyself brother. I am set to unleash my rays”
That day, I said to the Sun,
“Thy powers wane by the flow of the waters”
Under the shades of the ceiling I sought out comfort,
Refreshed by the soothing freedom of cold liquid!

One day, the Earth said to me,
“Protect your feet brother. The Sun is hurting me”
That day, I said to the Earth,
“Weak thou hath against the tantrums of the sky”
Laced on rubber against flesh,
I flew into the air to escape earth’s scorching!

One day, the Sky said to me,
“Avenge yourself brother. My bowels are set to erupt”
That day, I said to the Sky,
“Powerless to man, your rhythm has been altered by him”
Fresh ‘brella, its tip I daunted to the Sky,
Revealed containers to catch its urines!

One day, the Air said to me,
“Guard your nostrils brother. The two-legged animal has distorted my flow”
That day, I said to the Air,
“Taunt me no more, thy flow is not thine anymore”
Armed with the concluding figure on my arm,
I extended the ‘chief to my uppermost outward exterior!

One day, Mother Nature said to me,
“I am the birthplace of all saneness”
That day, I said to Nature,
“Boast no more, I am the architect of your birthplace,
The protector of your birthlings,
And the conveyor of your mischiefs”

That day, I said to myself,
“Rein in your thoughts,
Wheel in your imaginations.
Thou have won the bout against the naturals,
Only to be defeated by thyself;

The architect of thy own doom!”

No comments:

Post a Comment